Tuesday 9 November 2010

My Patchwork Bag is now Finished!

It took me a week and a half -  on and off - stitching, but I've now finished my bag and am feeling very pleased with myself. I haven't attempted a bag before and had doubts about putting the lining in, but after a few tries, and undoing it several times, I finally got the hang of it.  I now can't wait to start on my next one which will be embroidered and beaded.  I wonder how long that will take me?? Christmas is fast approaching and I want to  make a few as presents.  I wonder if anyone else has the same problem following a pattern?  They just don't seem to be written in a way that makes it easy to understand.

My Event Planning course started last Saturday and all 15 students turned up!  The room was full to capacity ....

I have a great mix of ages and abilities and the next 15 weeks look as though they will be extremely interesting for everyone ..... watch this space for future reports.

Thursday will see my craft class attempting to decorate a plain wooden picture frame with loads of assorted buttons or failing buttons, rolls of patterned paper.  I love the button frame so much I've added a picture below.  I found it on www.favecrafts.com which is one of my favourite craft sites.

They have everything on there from sewing, knitting, crochet and loads of other hand crafts.  Check it out, I think you'll agree it's a great site.  I'll take photos of what the girls do and we can compare notes!! I'll also be taking pictures of their cards from the previous week and I'll add those too....


That's all for now

Pauline


No comments:

Post a Comment