Tuesday 16 November 2010

The decorated frame in my previous post inspired me to make one of my own and, as I am totally addicted to patchwork and sewing I thought I would theme the decorations around that hobby.  Here is my decorated frame - let me know what you think:


I found scissors, sewing machines, thimbles and cotton reel buttons in the scrap-booking section of our local craft supermarket and the other buttons were found in a tub of buttons.    All in all a good buy! 


Oh and the photo was taken by my daughter when I went to visit her in Dubai earlier this year.  It was so hot on the sand I was hopping around on the beach trying not to get burnt!!


I must say, I have a great group of students for my Thursday craft classes.  They are willing to try almost everything I suggest to them, so to pay them tribute I am including their photo with the cards they made the previous week  - shame my photography wasn't better:

From left to right: Gaynor, Christine, Sheron, Irene, Jagdip, Sara, Louise and Pam

Their frames were amazing but not quite dry so a few of the buttons started to slip as I photographed them:


The black frame was decorated with coloured gems, while the frame next to it was decorated with rolls of coloured paper.  All in all a very good effort.

It's amazing how, when given a project and told the materials needed, how they all turn out so differently.  The second from from the right had textured wool tied in knots to add a rustic feel, while the pink button frame was totally feminine and ideal for a little girls room!


Another of my pet loves is altered books and I've got my favourite which I take every where with me when I need to take notes.  It started life as a boring notebook with a black cover!!
Just look at it now....:


Well let's see how my students get on with their decoupage boxes this week.


That's all for now.


Pauline



No comments:

Post a Comment