Monday 1 November 2010

Finally Decided to Have My Own Blog!!

Well - here goes....


My name is Pauline and since I was "knee high to a grasshopper" I've loved crafting, so a few years ago I decided to pass on my love of crafting to others and started teaching.  I even studied for my teacher training diploma through Canterbury Christ Church University!  


Quite a feat for a person approaching retirement! But heck who's going to retire - I have so much still to achieve and so much knowledge still to pass on.


My last project was making a padded sewing box which was inspired after I saw a friend's, and the results look pretty good (even though I say it myself) and I'm really proud of my handiwork - here are a couple of photos : 




The smaller box was made a few months ago when I was feeling bored and had some cardboard and material scraps left over from another project - just goes to show - a little material and a little imagination goes a long way.  I'll be making a few as Christmas presents but will add tassels or beads and brighter material - look out for the pictures!


 
I also just finished teaching a course at our local Adult Education College entitled "Introduction to Event & Wedding Planning" where one of the sessions involved the students creating floral arrangements suitable to use as table arrangements for a wedding.  See the results below along with two of my students:


They were pretty pleased with themselves as you can tell from the photo....

I'm currently working on a patchwork bag and as soon as I have finished it I'll post it here for all to see.  Meanwhile why not check out my husband's website - www.dickslane.com - he's a very good photographer and can always use extra work!!!

That's all for now will be back soon.  Hope you have enjoyed my first blog and please leave me your comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment