Thursday 2 December 2010

Bah, Humbug!!

It's been snowing for four days!! College is closed until further notice - the schools are also closed too.  My car is covered in snow and cannot go anywhere as the roads are impassable. Being a side road ours isn't cleared or gritted.   I'm fast running out of bread and such!  The delivery lorries can't get through to the supermarkets, and in the smaller towns and villages they are actually rationing bread, eggs, milk etc!!


As for the transport system - the trains are not running, planes are grounded, buses are cancelled and where do I live?  Outer Mongolia - no - the U.K.  -  and as usual everyone has been expecting the snow for a couple of weeks - if not more - and still the country is caught with it's pants down!!
this shows how thick the snow is...

bamboo bowed right down under the weight of the snow and paw-prints are from a lone fox....

the conifer tree outside our lounge a few days ago...

I'm busily making one of my daughter's Christmas presents and when I can get out to the shops I'll be able to finish it.  I think a handmade present is worth much more than a shop bought item.  Each stitch is sewn with love!  When it's finished I'll post it along with a few other things I'm in the middle of making.

Well, this is just a short entry as I wanted to rant about the snow.... and I'm feeling very Scrooge like at present! 

Pauline 

No comments:

Post a Comment