Thursday 30 December 2010

AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL

As I was so busy making Christmas presents for my friends and family on the run up to the holiday I didn't get a chance to write on my blog - more's the pity.  However I do have photos to show what I was up to!!


I made these for my older daughter - she loves animal print, 
hence the cushion!!
I made these for my younger daughter but didn't have time to 
make everything I wanted and, as she is in Dubai and couldn't
come home this Christmas, I have more time to finish the other
presents, which I will post as soon as I've finished them!!

Well, it's going to be the New Year in a couple of days with lots of new projects in the pipeline for me to complete.  I'm hoping that my new course "Bead and Wire Jewellery" proposed for January at the adult education college, will have enough students to run, as I am planning a great selection of projects for them to do.  

Nearly all my students from my Mixed Crafts course have signed up for the follow up course in January so I need to think of some fun projects for them to do.  I'll be going to my favourite craft site, www.favecrafts.com for inspiration!

I am so proud of my patchwork student who made some lovely items on the run up to Christmas which she gave as presents to some of her family and friends.
Very good combination of materials which depict
the sun, sea and sand!  
Again a great colour combination & pattern.
Anja actually made a third cushion which I loved 
but I don't have a picture of that
I think the combination of the red and tartan 
make a stunning bag which Anja couldn't 
bring herself to give away and she is using it!

Each new year I try to find a new craft to master but haven't decided as yet what it will be!  Actually there's not a lot left that I actually want to do!  Maybe I'll have thought of something before I write my next blog. 

Surfing the web earlier this week I came across www.paulinespatchwork.co.uk - no nothing to do with me - they have just moved to Dorchester and sell a wonderful selection of patchwork and quilting supplies and materials and they also run workshops!  Ummmm, most interesting!  I must check them out further. Luckily I bookmarked them so I'll be able to go back to have a more in depth browse when I've got more spare time.

Well, that's it for now, back to housework or crafting??  Crafting won...... !!

Happy New Year to everyone

All best wishes
Pauline


No comments:

Post a Comment