Saturday 29 January 2011

IT DOESN'T RAIN BUT IT POURS!!

First chance I've had this year to write on my blog - I really should have a set day for doing this!


Well, Christmas was quiet to say the least, and if possible New Year's Eve was even quieter!  This was the first year we had only one of our two daughter's with us for Christmas, as the younger one was stuck in Dubai and couldn't get home, but surprise - surprise -  on 11th January she came over to the UK as a birthday treat for me and she stayed for 11 days.  It did give me an opportunity to finish her Christmas presents.  Which I didn't hurry to finish before Christmas as I didn't think I'd be seeing her till the Spring!
Yes, it's another frame and bag!  Plus I also made her a padded box in two of the materials used in the bag, but I don't have a photo at the moment. So both my girls had presents made by me at Christmas!  


I can't believe this is my third post today - if you can count the Slane's Slide Show and the Guest Book - plus I was working at the college this morning/afternoon!  Where did this sudden spurt of energy come from??


I'm busy at the college as I have three courses running at present.  The Event Planning course is midway through and the students are doing very well with their portfolios, which will be marked for them to pass to get their Level 2 Certificates in Event Planning, and I'm really pleased with their efforts so far as they are really trying hard.


My new Mixed Crafts class started Thursday afternoon and I have 8 of my previous students sign up again as they enjoyed their classes so much - which means I must be doing something right!!


Also a new course - Bead & Wire Jewellery Making - started Thursday evening and I have a lovely group of students who are all new to the craft so I'm starting them off with the basics and we will build up to great things .... they were thrilled to take home a pair of handmade earrings as they didn't think they would make anything their first lesson!!  Well done Pauline... you're a star!  (Well if I don't say so who will??)


Love the new T Mobile ad - Return of The Mac - that song is terrific!  Think I'll try to get it as the ringtone for my iphone!!


That's all for now, will be back soon with photos of my current sewing work-in-progress, plus some of my students work.


Bye for now


Pauline



No comments:

Post a Comment